Korean Air Incheon Flight Kitchen
In February 2001, Pteris Global has successfully completed the installation of In-flight Catering System at the new Korean Air Incheon Flight Kitchen. For this project, we specially designed the Material Handling System to be suspended from the ceiling. This design creates valuable space in the processing areas for human access, manual transportation and cleaning.
Key Features of Project
- Handling Capacity: 37,000 meals daily
- Project Completion Date: February 2001 (in a record-setting 15 months period)
- Fully automated In-flight catering system
- System links up 4 main processing areas namely High Bay Receiving Area, Ware Wash Area, Equipment Packing Area and Bar Dry Goods Area, Tray Setting Area.
- System suspended from the ceiling to create valuable space
- 3 levels of control systems,
- Control and Monitoring System (CMS),
- Store Management and Control System (SMCS)
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) developed to ensure proper control and
management of loaded and empty bins.